Homerville
MAIN STREET
The Mattox House
The earliest extant house in Homerville is probably the John Homer Mattox House, constructed in 1853. Mattox was a physician and the founder of Homerville.  The house is not on it’s original site, which was further south, on Forest Avenue.  The Maddox House, is now located at 23 W Plant Avenue on the corner of South Plant Avenue and South Church Streets, and occupied by the Clinch County Chamber of Commerce.   The Chamber of Commerce was awarded a grant to preserve the house to be used as an office and museum of Clinch County's History.

Please visit the website of the Clinch County Chamber of Commerce with the link below.
www.clinchcountychamber.org